This is India
FACTS THAT MAKE EVERY INDIAN PROUD (a friend sent this to me)
Who is the co-founder of Sun Microsystems?
Who is the creator of Pentium chip (needs no introduction as 90%
of the todays computers run on it)?
Who is the third richest man on the world?
A. According to the latest report on Fortune Magazine, it is AZIM PREMJI,
who is the CEO of Wipro Industries. The Sultan of Brunei is at 6th position
Who is the founder and creator of Hotmail (Hotmail is worlds
No.1 web based email program)?
Who is the president of AT & T-Bell Labs (AT & T-Bell Labs
is the creator of program languages such as C, C++, Unix to name a few)?
Who is the GM of Hewlett Packard?
Who is the new MTD (Microsoft Testing Director) of Windows 2000,
responsible to iron out all initial problems?
Who are the Chief Executives of CitiBank, McKinsey & Stanchart?
Victor Menezes, Rajat Gupta, and Rana Talwar.
We Indians are the wealthiest among all ethnic groups in America, even
faring better than the whites and the natives. There are 3.22 millions
of Indians in USA (1.5% of population). YET,
38% of doctors in USA are Indians.
12% scientists in USA are Indians.
36% of NASA scientists are Indians.
34% of Microsoft employees are Indians.
28% of IBM employees are Indians.
17% of INTEL scientists are Indians.
13% of XEROX employees are Indians.
You may know some of the following facts. These facts were recently
published in a German magazine, which deals with WORLD HISTORY FACTS
01. India never invaded any country in her last 1000 years of history.
02. India invented the Number system. Aryabhatta invented zero.
03. The worlds first University was established in Takshila in
700BC. More than 10,500 students from all over the world studied more
than 60 subjects. The University of Nalanda built in the 4th century
BC was one of the greatest achievements of ancient India in the field
04. According to the Forbes magazine, Sanskrit is the most suitable
language for computer software.
05. Ayurveda is the earliest school of medicine known to humans.
06. Although western media portray modern images of India as poverty
striken and underdeveloped through political corruption, India was once
the richest empire on earth.
07. The art of navigation was born in the river Sindh 5000 years ago.
The very word Navigation is derived from the Sanskrit word
08. The value of pi was first calculated by Budhayana, and he explained
the concept of what is now known as the Pythagorean Theorem. British
scholars have last year (1999) officially published that Budhayans
works dates to the 6th Century, which is long before the European mathematicians.
09. Algebra, trigonometry and calculus came from India. Quadratic equations
were by Sridharacharya in the 11th Century; the largest numbers the
Greeks and the Romans used were 106 whereas Indians used numbers as
big as 1053.
10. According to the Gemmological Institute of America, up until 1896,
India was the only source of diamonds to the world.
11. USA based IEEE has proved what has been a century-old suspicion
amongst academics that the pioneer of wireless communication was Professor
Jagdeesh Bose and not Marconi.
12. The earliest reservoir and dam for irrigation was built in Saurashtra.
13. Chess was invented in India.
14. Sushruta is the father of surgery. 2600 years ago he and health
scientists of his time conducted surgeries like cesareans, cataract,
fractures and urinary stones. Usage of anaesthesia was well known in
15. When many cultures in the world were only nomadic forest dwellers
over 5000 years ago, Indians established Harappan culture in Sindhu
Valley (Indus Valley Civilisation).
16. The place value system, the decimal system was developed in India
in 100 BC.
Quotes about India:
We owe a lot to the Indians, who taught us how to count, without which
no worthwhile scientific discovery could have been made.
India is the cradle of the human race, the birthplace of human speech,
the mother of history, the grandmother of legend and the great grand
mother of tradition.
If there is one place on the face of earth where all dreams of living
men have found a home from the very earliest days when man began the
dream of existence, it is India.
French scholar Romain Rolland.